Examination & Certification From Trinity College London
Trinity Keyboard Syllabus
Electronic Keyboard Syllabus 2019-2022
Electronic Keyboard: Initial
The following pieces are in Trinity’s Electronic Keyboard Pieces & Technical Work 2019–2022: Initial. Candidates play a balanced programme of three pieces, chosen from the lists below.
- Lullaby (Wiegenlied)
- Rock to the Roll
- Largo (from Symphony no. 9, ‘From the New World’)
- Little Brown Jug
- Voi, che sapete (from The Marriage of Figaro)
- Edelweiss (from The Sound of Music)
- Little Buttercup (from HMS Pinafore)
- Michael Row the Boat (Own interpretation piece)
- The Skye Boat Song
- Spring (from The Four Seasons)
Candidates prepare either section 1. or section 2.
All requirements are in Trinity’s Electronic Keyboard Pieces & Technical Work 2019–2022: Initial.
1. SCALES & CHORD KNOWLEDGE (from memory) — Examiners select from the following:
C major, A minor (harmonic or melodic or natural minor), C major Pentatonic (5notes), A minor Pentatonic (5notes) HANDS SEPARATELY ON MINIMUM 60 TEMPO
Chromatic scale starting on D (RH only or LH only)
Triad of C major and A minor (root position)
2. EXERCISES (music may be used) — Candidates prepare all three exercises.
Candidates choose one exercise to play first. Examiners then select one of the remaining two exercises to be performed.
Bossa Boy – keyboard functions
Smooth Parade – exercise scalic exercise
Windfall – pianistic exercise
Candidates choose two of the following:
- Sight Reading
- Musical knowledge